Oral Surgery is a specialty of dentistry which deals with the diagnosis and surgical management of anomalies and pathological processes of the teeth and their supporting structures.Treatment is normally carried out on an out-patient basis under local anaesthesia supplemented if appropriate by sedation. The spectrum of Oral Surgery includes :
1) Diagnosis and management of oral disease
2) Surgical endodontics
3) Impacted teeth extraction
4) Impacted teeth exposure
5) Preprosthetic surgery
6) Surgical placement of dental implants
7) Minor soft tissue surgery
8) Management of dental trauma
9) Management of dental and medical emergencies including resuscitation.
10) Management of pain and anxiety by pharmacological and non-pharmacological means.
11) Radiology and imaging
A past history of difficult tooth extractions, or fracture of a tooth below the gum during attempted extraction, usually requires a surgical approach to remove the tooth or tooth root from the jaw. In these situations general dentists may sometimes refer patients for this surgery.
Benefits to the patient are having the surgery carried out by someone with extensive experience in this area. This usually makes it a more acceptable experience.
Our services are provided in an environment of optimum safety that utilizes modern monitoring equipment and staff that are experienced in anesthesia techniques.